On the next image and in your dashboard you can see new menu item called “Events”. This is where you can organize and setup your events.
Create Event categories
To organize events you need to create events categories.
You can make it before, after or directly during the creation of the event posts.
To create event category go to Events -> Event Categories
Create Event Post
To create new event post, go to Events -> Add new
Assign Event Category
On the right side you will see your events categories. You need to check in which category you want this event to be displayed.
If you don’t have any categoies yet, then you need to create one.
To do this click + Add New Events Category.
Set Category name and press Add New Events Category
Set Event Date
Now you need to set date & time for your event.
You can find this setting below the content editor in “Event date“ block.
Click on the date field and caledar will appera where you can choose the date.
Or you can simply type your date and time in this fields but keep the formatting I.E.:
This is most common issue.
Note: you can change time format in Settings-> General: Time Format.
To make event repeatable, you need to check “Is repeating?” option. You can find it in the same Event date block. After that choose repetition interval.
Now you need to add event location.
Click New map. After that new options will appear.
1. Type your location and click Add button. You will see a pin with popup on the map.
2. You can edit address in popup on the map by clicking “edit” link directly in popup.
3. Add title for this location and press save button to save location.
Now you have a location for your event.
You can edit this location at any time. To do that rollover on location title and edit link will appear.
You can add additional information such as phone and address that will be used to display on event page and upcoming event widget.
Set layout and sidebar
for event post.
You can set one of three possible layouts for event post: Full width, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar. You can find this settings at the right side below the event categories.
Also there are additional widget area between the map and content. You can enable it by choosing Under title sidebar instance in “Title area settings” block below the editor.
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
To set slideshow for specific page, scroll down to the “Slideshow options” block.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
Add information for your event in editor and click publish button
when you are done.
How to Show my Events?
Now when you know how to create events post you need to learn how to show your events.
To show your events on site, you need to use event widgets and shortodes.
You can also learn what is widgets and shotcodes first.