Table of Contents[hide]
On the next image and in your dashboard you can see new menu item called “Pages”. This is where you can organize and setup your pages.
Using shortcodes, layout settings and custom sidebars, you can create completely different pages. Starting from, text based, “about” page to contacts and portfolio.
Despite the fact that our theme comes with different shortcodes to help you build your page, creating good looking page content still requires at least knowledge of basic html tags and understanding of html/css (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_basic.asp).
A few tips how to create good looking content for your page:1
Do not copy/paste shortcodes code. Use shortcode buttons. This is the most common problem, people always lose some pieces of code or trying to add in shortcode functionality that it doesn’t has.
Use column shortcodes to organize your content. Add clear tag after each group of columns (but not after each column!).
Do not use fixed width when you add images or video. If you added video to page set it width to 100% and wrap it with column if you want change it width (display area).
Setting fixed height mean it will stay with the same height all the time, even on devices, what means it won’t be responsive and will break your content.
To create new page, go to Pages -> Add new
After that you’ll see content editor (1), where you can find shortcode buttons (2) in visual mode, and lots of metaboxes (3-5) if you scroll down, below the editor. Metaboxes is where you can set different settings for your page, such as: set slideshow (5), sidebars(4,5), layout(3), seo, etc.
You can also set parent settings for pages (3). They will be used for building breadcrumbs or custom menu.
Set layout and Sidebar
You can set one of three possible layouts for page: Full width, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar. You can select layout from “Template” drop down at the right side in “Page Attributes” block.
After you set layout, for example “Right sidebar”, you need something to be displayed in that sidebar, so you need to set your sidebar in “Custom sidebar” block at the right side of the page edit screen.
You can create custom sidebars in Theme Options -> Sidebars.
Additional Widget Area
There is additional widget area between title and content. You can enable it by choosing Under title sidebar instance in “Title area settings” block below the editor.
You can see example of additional widget area (1) on the image below:
You can set map in title area for any post/page.
Simply click New map.
After that new options will appear.
1. Type your location and click Add button. You will see a pin with popup on the map.
2. You can edit address in popup on the map by clicking “edit” link directly in popup.
3. Add title for this location and press Save button to save location.
Now you have a location on the map.
You can edit this location at any time. To do that rollover on location title and edit link will appear.
Title additional text
You can set some short description in the title area on the right side, as you can see on the image below.
To add this descriptions simply add your text in “Title additional text” field. This option can be found below the editor on the page edit screen.
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
To set slideshow for specific page, scroll down to the “Slideshow options” block.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
You can also adjust different slideshow options specificaly for this page in “Slideshow effect options” block, such as (these options is for jCycle only):
1. Set slideshow Height.
2. Turn on/off next, previous navigation arrows.
3. Remove paddings
4. Set timeouts and speed
5. Set autoplay and pause on rollover.
You may also want to know
1. How to turn on/off breadcrubms.
2. How to change colors for elements, letter spacing, etc.